Packaging software supported keywords
This page describes which general keywords are recognized by various flavours pf software packaging software. These are fields that are of general use; idiosyncratic fields (like dependency information in system packagers) are left out.
SCons packaging extension
Philipp Scholl's Google Summer of Code 2006 project (see PhilippSchollProposal)
- Project name
- Package version (RPM release, .deb revision)
- Summary (possibly in different languages)
- Description (possibly in different languages)
- License text
- Source URL
RPM package manager for managing binary software packages in Linux distribution, originally designed for Red Had Linux.
- Epoch (number that's more important than version when calculating
which package is newer)
- Release (version of package)
- Copyright/License (synonyms)
- Group (for organizing software within distribution)
- Packager (person that packaged software)
Debian's package manager for .deb files.
- Source (source package's name)
- Package (binary package's name)
- Uploaders (co-maintainers)
- Changed-By (usually same as Maintainer)
- Section (like RPM's Group)
- Priority (how important the package is for system)
- Version (epoch:upstream_version-debian_revision)
- Distribution (which Debian lines package supports)
- Date (of last change)
- Changes (changelog)
Common Lisp's Another System Definition Facility.
Python's standard packaging extension.
- Long description
- Author email (separate from author)
- Maintainer (if left out, same as author)
- Maintainer email
- Download URL
- Classifiers (categories to which package belongs)